Friday, July 31, 2009

Playing at the mall

Katelyn and I had lunch at the mall today with a friend we haven't seen in five months and her 3 month old daughter. Before they got there, we of course had to hit the little play area in the middle of the mall. I haven't been here with Katelyn in months. This is a great spot in the winter when it's too cold to play outside, but this time of year I usually just take her to the park. On Wednesday nights when I'm at work Katelyn is either with my neighbors or my parents. On the weeks she's with Grammy and Papa, they take her to the mall to play and eat dinner (spoiled!). All this to say, I haven't been here with her in quite some time and it's amazing to me how much she's grown and how much more she's able to do. Now she can climb up all the things she couldn't before. She loves it!!
This picture makes me laugh because it looks like she's surfing. And I have no idea who that baby is back there, but he sure is cute! :)

Here's some rolling around silliness.

Climbing, climbing and more climbing. My new phrase for Katelyn is "Get off the table." (She likes to climb all over the coffee table now.)

I must say, it was hard to get the kid's picture. She was all over the place and doesn't slow down...ever.

Working out is good and I'm glad I've been losing the weight...but the real benefit is that I can keep up with this speedy little one. :) Whew....
Oh, and I made such the yummy dinner last night. Chicken breast baked in the oven - wrapped in foil with marinade, a fresh onion from the farm and fresh cilantro, fingerling potatoes out of my pastor's family's garden that I roasted with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and fresh rosemary, and then yellow squash and zucchini (from the farm) that I cooked up in a little olive oil with fresh parsley, salt, and red pepper flakes. I am pretty sure I'm going to cry this year when winter comes. Must keep canning and freezing!!! (I really need a little deep freezer.)

No comments: