Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy girl

I knew that I couldn't post about vegetables (see next post) and not put up new pictures of Katelyn. Katelyn is a happy (usually), active (always), 2 year-old. She's into everything, has little arms with an incredible reach (not always sure how it's possible she can get ahold of things). She's talking up a storm. I was in the kitchen making dinner last week and I hear her counting to twelve in Spanish in the family room. I didn't know she could do that...Thank you Dora the Explorer. She can sing the ABC song, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Pat-a-Cake, Twinkle Twinkle and can count to 20 (in English). :)
Katelyn has learned to pick the red grape tomatoes in the garden. (I always have to remind her...just the red ones.) Of course as soon as she picks a red one it gets popped directly into her mouth. One day I'll get one too.

Katelyn continues to love eating. She's very good at it and continues to like quite a nice variety of foods. Below she is showing you how she chomps her food. :)

I was trying to catch this moment on film but was a few seconds too late...She was wearing just her diaper and picked up her sparkly purse and her little broom and dust pan. She looked like she was going off to work. Silliness.

Katelyn will sit independently and read for good amounts of time. She knows several of her books by heart and I will hear her "reading" the stories word for word. Utter sweetness.

As I type, Katelyn is watching Finding Nemo. She LOVES this movie. It's the only one of the full-length Disney movies that she'll watch. She likes it when I pretend that I'm the sea turtle...Fin, Noggin, Dude! She just laughs and laughs...big belly laughs. That's the best part of every day...

1 comment:

A. Shirley said...

Thanks for FINALLY posting pictures of Katelyn! I look every day for new pictures! I told you being a parent is the greatest thing in the world. Enjoy these times...she'll be a teenager soon! And probably writing to Aunt Shirley! My garden isn't producing much yet...started too late, but everything is growing. I've got one cuke I'm going to pick today!