Friday, August 14, 2009

A sweet morning...

Katelyn and I got to hang out this morning. We went to God's Pantry to pick up all of the food for our after school program next week and we took it all over to the church and put it up. Then we went to the gym. Every time we get close to the YMCA Katelyn says, "Mommy exercise." She did great in the nursery this morning. She didn't even look up when I left...she was coloring. We ran a couple other quick errands and then we went home to eat lunch. Katelyn had 1/2 a PB&J (natural peanut butter and the blackberry jam I made last night), pickles (she calls them "peekles" and tortilla chips with the salsa I made the other day. She went to town on the salsa...it was mild and she loves to dip things. After lunch we sat outside at her little table and played with play dough. (Katelyn really loves to play with play dough.) I picked the tomatoes that were ready in the garden. We came inside and read a couple of books. Katelyn went right down for her nap. It was a sweet morning with my girl. I love hanging out with her.

2 comments:

Doris said...

Awwww yay for the update.

miss you beauties!!!
oxoxox

Maree said...

Melissa, What a wonderful example you are to sweet Katelyn...really warms my heart!