Monday, August 31, 2009

I love my neighbors...

I know, these pictures are perfect...but before we get to that...I just have to say, I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS!!! I have thought about the possibility of moving, but I just can't do it. I have Brandon and Holly next door...and it just doesn't get any better than them. They are thoughtful and kind. They are fun to hang out with. Brandon has cool tools and knows how to use them. He can get my weed eater working again when I can't even figure out how to turn the thing on. They have a great garden in their backyard and we exchange seeds, veggies and recipe ideas. Holly lets me use her big pot for canning. And most importantly, they've gone from being nice people next door to my friends. They love Katelyn and she loves playing in their dirt...with their dogs...with them. Needless to say, the kid is spoiled when she goes next door.
Holly is a fabulous photographer and she has captured some of Katelyn's finest moments...



I mean really...could the kid be any cuter???

Holly and Brandon always have my permission for Katelyn to get filthy. They watch her on most Wednesday nights when I'm at the church and I know that when I return Katelyn will be a mess. And nothing makes me happier because I know that my child has been loved on and played with. She gets to roll in the dirt, play with the puppies, eat tomatoes out of the garden, take walks, blow bubbles, eat yummy foods. And below is the girl I come home to....

Life is full of challenges...but it is full of so much joy...everyday. You just can't take it for granted.
My grandma's motto was "Count your blessings."
We are so blessed!

No comments: