Monday, November 30, 2009

My kiddos

Being an inner city children's pastor is challenging for sure...but it's really rewarding also. We started an after school program this fall and although it adds a lot to my plate each week, it's been really great to be able to have time with the kids everyday instead of just once or twice a week. I couldn't let Thanksgiving pass by without saying that I'm really thankful for my church and for these kids. The kids I work with are kids that would most likely be overlooked. I'm so thankful that I'm at a church that welcomes people that wouldn't feel welcome at most churches. The picture below is of me and some of the kids with the craft project they did the last day we were all together before Thanksgiving.
The other thing I'm really thankful for is our local Christian high school. I have students from Lexington Christian Academy that have been coming and helping with our kids after school. Our kids love having all of these high schoolers around and for me and our staff it has helped ease the load.

It's really awesome to get to do something that you really love doing....for this, I am thankful.

No comments: