Monday, February 15, 2010

Hello from Canada...

...I mean Kentucky. What in the world is with this winter? I can't remember the last time my hands and feet were warm. I can't remember the last time we took a walk outside. It has snowed many inches today...and we're supposed to get more tonight. The kids had two snow days last week. Today it was so windy that the snow was coming down sideways. I hate to complain...but I grew up in California. I was not bred for winters such as this. I need to see the crocus coming up...I need hope that this too shall pass.
But for now...we're just in for the afternoon/night. I'd send Katelyn out in the snow but I might not be able to find her it's getting so deep...and there are snow drifts forming on the patio. I mean really...
The weather is so bad that my front porch is now a bird sanctuary. I pulled into the garage and there were at least 10 robins huddled up seeking refuge. Poor little guys. You know they're ready for spring.

A lady I work with said I should throw some bread out there....Yeah, that's fine and all, but I'm not sure I want the sequel to the Alfred Hitchcock movie happening on my stoop. I know...I'm heartless. It's all the cold. It makes me crabby.

On a positive note....Aunt Mimi came over the other night and read Katelyn some stories. They were two little happy peas in a pod. We love Aunt Mimi and Uncle Mike.


If you live in a warm place (mom and dad) please be kind and share the sun with us. I need flip flops soon.

1 comment:

A. Bird said...

Hey Meliss. Hope this makes you feel better....you have more snow than us! Maybe you should move to Michigan! Knew you'd like that. We do not, however, have any robins to speak of. They won't come this far up north till probably the first of April! Enjoy the snow and the drifts! Don't forget to let Katelyn play out in the snow. That's what boots were made for. I'll send you mine!