Monday, March 22, 2010

Potty time!

Potty training Katelyn has been my nemesis. We have started and stopped a couple of times. But the girl will be three in June and it's time to toss the diapers and embrace the big girl panties. So I deemed this weekend "Potty Training Weekend" and bootcamp began....for me.
All I have to say is GOOD GRIEF. This makes parenting three times more work. It takes ten years to get out the door. The kid sits on this little potty for a half hour and then thirty second after she gets up she pees all over herself.
We are on day four. Day one = six pairs of wet pants and zero times in the potty. Day 2 = two successful potties. Day 3 = one sticker on the chart. Today we have had two stickers and I'm bribing her with an M & M ice cream treat at McDonalds to get her to successfully complete the third time today. :) I've decided I'm not beyond bribery. I'm just tired of cleaning up pee.
But this girl is super cute when she successfully pees in the potty. (And tonight she's really cute because she's running around with her shirt, boots and bare bottom. ) She jumps up and down and runs to get her 2 M & Ms and put the sticker on the chart....and then we dance the potty dance.
I seriously think I've lost brain cells this weekend.
UPDATE: Katelyn did go to the potty again tonight and we did go to McDonalds for an M & M McFlurry. Everyone's happy...and a little girl is bathed and tucked safely into her bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I LOVED the picture of Katelyn on the potty!! Lilianna has some rain boots she loves to play in, but you all have us beat..........rain boots while sitting on the potty....too cute!
I will be praying your potty days go well.
God bless,
Carrie

Unknown said...

Oh my....what fun!!! The key to potty training is to be CONSISTANT!!! I used to put them on the potty every 45 minutes or so EVERY DAY (helped to be a Stay-at-home Mom). But all three were pretty easily trained. I think they make the dang pampers toooo thick and the kids never feel wet. The good ol' cloth diapers (yea, I know, I'm old) were always good and wet....they we went to the "training pants" and they didn't like them wet either. Oh well, these are the Pamper aged kids who don't get to experience those wet, soggy old things!
Good luck!!! Remember that patience is a virtue!!!!
Love, Aunt DeDe