Thursday, April 10, 2008

And we're off!

I'm not sure I thought this day would ever actually come. I can't even articulate all it's taken to get here. But we're ready to leave to bring our baby home. To our family and friends who have loved us and waited for this day with us...we have felt and heard in your voices your own anticipation. I wish you could all just come to China with us...For those of you who read our blog because you are waiting to adopt your own little one, hang in there...

I feel like someone should be really impressed by our tiddy packing job. Each of the two bigger bags is under the 44 pounds per bag allowed on the in China flights. A small carry on and two backpacks. The funny thing is that only 1/3 of it is clothes...we've got everything but the kitchen sink in these babies....literally. Unreal.

The iPod's loaded and I have two books with me I want to read. I know this is a crazy long flight but there's part of me that can't wait to sit for 20 hours. I feel like I haven't stopped in two weeks! Next time you hear from us we'll be in China!

2 comments:

"T" said...

Well I don't know about anyone else but I think your packing is great. Yall have a great trip enjoy the flight.
Tonya

Aaron said...

Make sure one of those books is Animal Vegetable, Miracle. I want to read it again...