Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What do you want for dinner? --Chinese food.

Last night Josh and I went to our final travel meeting at our agency. There were five families in the conference room and I think four others who were calling in from around the country. We went over all the final details and the detailed list of paperwork we have to bring with us. I've been so focused on what cute outfits I should bring for Katelyn I haven't really been getting all our paperwork together. I suppose I should focus on what will actually get us in and out of China and finalize this adoption! Whoops! I'll do that tonight.

Anyway...the meeting was really fun. We stood around talking and joking with the other families afterward. There was such a buzz of anticipation and excitement in the air. It looks like most everyone is taking a flight from their city thru Detroit to Tokyo and then onto Beijing. We all meet up in Detroit and are on the same flights from there on out. It was AWESOME to say, "See you in Detroit next week." as we all left the meeting. Next week. YES!!

Josh and I decided to go grab some dinner and then find him some new jeans for the trip. I asked him what kind of food he wanted for dinner. He said, "Let's get Chinese." He's silly...we're about to have that for 2 weeks straight. I suggested something else. :)

The baby shower is on Sunday. We have Brandon and Ashley this weekend and then Sunday night I'll use Brandon's bed to start laying everything out and begin the packing process. We are only going to be in Beijing for two nights and one full day so we decided to pack everything we'd need for Beijing in our carryon so we don't have to touch the two checked bags until we get to Nanchang (we're there for 8 nights). See, I have a system.... Maybe it will even be one that works. :)

No comments: