Friday, April 25, 2008

We're home!!!!

I've never been so excited to be home. I'm about to go to sleep in my own bed. I've been up for 34 hours now and am about to pass out. Our baby is asleep in her crib, in her nursery, in our house. The empty room is filled and this kid is the perfect fit for our family. She's sassy and full of personality and she makes us laugh.

I need that drug that helps you forget traumatic experiences. All I have to say is 30 hours of travel with a 10 month old. Not pleasant. Overall she did well, but it was such a long trip. It's just so good to be home. I wanted a shower SO bad.

I'll give more deep reflections in the next couple of days.

I must say that we came home to a clean house (yeah Mona) with groceries in the fridge, the lawn is mowed (Mona Lee you rock!), our front yard has been mulched (Brandon and Holly our neighbors did it), and the baby gates are up (thanks Mike). It was so nice to walk in the door and have everything taken care of. What a blessing!!! We are so tired.

No comments: