Saturday, April 26, 2008

Our first day home...

Have I mentioned how good it is to be home??? Katelyn went to bed at midnight last night after we got home and settled. She woke up at 2am and I rocked her and she went back to sleep. She was up and ready for the day at 5am. Josh was sweet and got up and changed her, gave her a bottle and played with her for over an hour so I could get a bit more sleep. She took a two hour nap this morning and then Nanny Mona came over to visit and then she took a three hour nap this afternoon. By 7pm she was melting down and so we put her to sleep at 7:30 hoping it would be for the night, but no...at 11pm she woke up ready to play so we've been hanging out together while I do laundry (thought I'd be productive since I'm up anyway.) So here are today's highlights...
It was a beautiful day so we went outside for awhile. This picture is in honor of my grandpa. His favorite flower was the dandelion. :)
Katelyn loved playing with daddy today. I took her for a walk around the block in her new stroller and she liked that too. We were trying to keep her out in the sunshine as much as possible to get her body's clock turned back around.
Oh, you can blow on this thing, how fun!! (So now I'll have all those pretty yellow flowers in the yard).
Last night Katelyn SCREAMED in terror at the sight of the dog and cats. Today they're her best friends. She especially loves Brody, our dog and he's been sweet with her too. Here he was her backrest while she was playing. Amazing to me that this is our first day home.
Katelyn petting the puppy. So nice. If we could get in the right sleep schedule all would be perfect. So she seems no worse for wear after the day of travel. Her parents on the other hand are wrecked....someone won't let us string many hours of sleep together....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being home with your precious daughter!! We're so happy for you, and we continue to pray for you. I've been reading along, but didn't comment before since you said you couldn't read them. So exciting! Wish we could see you!
God bless you! Ginny and Travis M