Saturday, April 5, 2008

We leave in FIVE days!!!

I've been so excited to leave for so long and now that it's almost here I'm kind of FREAKING OUT! I'm getting anxious and panicky. I mean we're about to travel to the other side of the world (literally) to meet our daughter and bring her home. I'm about to be a mom. No turning back...a mom...forever. This litte person is going to be dependent on us...for everything. She's not going to leave at the end of the weekend. I'm not just going to see her on and off throughout the week. That's a bit unreal. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited for Katelyn to join our family. In the same instant I feel ready and unready. Breath...breath...breath.

I cleaned the carpets today. We bought a Hoover steamvac....The best purchase EVER! With cats, a dog and kids it's a must. Oh the dirt! Yuck. I feel so much better now that that's done. The house looks a ton better.

I went to the mall this afternoon and bought a pair of black mary jane Crocs. I'm going to China with two pairs of shoes. Tennis shoes and the Crocs. Someone should be very proud of me.

3 comments:

Norma said...

would love to see the finished nursery.
relax......you're going to love being a Mom and this spring and summer you will remember forever because it will be filled with all your falling in love moments

Ladyblog said...

looking forward to meeting you!!! China or bust!
~Rebecca Long

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for the both of you. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of you holding your new daughter!