Sunday, April 6, 2008

We've been showered!

My friends threw us a beautiful baby shower today. It was such a fun afternoon and they really did a wonderful job. I'm so thankful for all the people God has put in my life and how excited they were to be a part of this day. Thanks everyone!!

Look at this AWESOME cake! So beautiful.

Me with all my FABULOUS gifts. I'm so grateful!!

Vanessa, Kim and Susan...three of the shower hotesses. (This is Susan's house.)

Marion and Megan were the other two hostesses.

What a great spread! Yummy goodness.

Josh was thankful for all the baby supplies and looked at all of it with me when I got home...but I think he was thankful that he didn't have to go. :) He better get used to girliness...he's about to be outnumbered.

Just in case you lost count...we leave in three more days!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great "shower". Such fun. We are just so happy that it is not only a couple of days.....no longer "months of waiting". YEAH!!! Some friends of ours from church adopted two children from Guatemala. She said when they went to pick up their babies, they bought little trinkets from the country that symbolized their heritage and on each birthday, they receive one of these small gifts (they bought them for the first 18 years!!!). I thought that was a great idea & wanted to pass it along to you to consider. We will keep praying for your safe trip and can't wait to meet our new niece!!! Love you all!!
Aunt Diane & Uncle Ed

Melissa K. said...

Oh, I'm going to make Josh read this....then I can shop for 18 different things. EXCELLENT!!