Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Adoption = OUR baby

I think adopting a baby is pretty amazing. People have lots of questions and usually they are questions from people who honestly want to know more about the process.

I was at the bank today and the teller asked when we were leaving for China! Another woman in the bank chimed in that I needed to bring the baby in when we got home. Friends at church are celebrating with us and are so excited. I might hold on to Katelyn extra tight around Aaron (our pastor) because he might just claim her as his own. Josh's mom saw the video and has gotten all of her friends excited. We've all laughed and cried over this little girl. My parents have her picture proudly on their fridge and can't wait to meet their granddaughter. All my aunts are sending me encouraging words from Colorado and Michigan. My parents friends are telling their daughter to check out the pictures on the blog. I went and got a prescription filled for an antibiotic for Katelyn (just in case) at the pharmacy and even the lady there was excited for us and told me that I had to bring the baby by when we got home.

I don't really feel like I'm bringing my baby home anymore. I feel like this is OUR baby. So many people are invested and loving her already. I'm so grateful for all the love and support we've received on this journey. Katelyn's had quite a journey already in her short months of life. Someday she will have questions about where she is from...many of which we won't have a lot of answers for. But I pray that she will never question that she is loved and wanted. I pray that she will always be surrounded by this much goodness! I'm going to save a copy of this blog and copies of emails that have been sent to us. I want her to be able to read them all someday and be able to see for herself how wanted and loved she was even before everyone met her. Thank you all!! Thanks for being part of the journey...that's really just beginning by the way (Y'all have to help us with her! Did you SEE the video...we may never rest again!!)

By the way, I started washing all her clothes today so I can get everything put up. Does one 10 month old really need 35 onesies??? I mean I have them in all colors and styles. I'm the only mom in the world praying that she messes up her clothes during the day just so I can change her...it's the only way she'll get to wear everything!! I did buy little baby croc-like shoes today...oh so cute! (They were $4. Give me a break...we've got to get her ready for spring in the bluegrass!) Oh...she might need a hat for Derby Day! (Mom get out here quick!)

No comments: